Monday, October 21, 2013

Spotlight on at Cards in Envy

This challenge at Cards in Envy has us doing  challenge that makes a spotlight card.  (So the definition of this technique is to do a black and white card and print or stamp it twice, then cut out a piece of the scene and color it or it can be the opposite by coloring the card and leaving the spotlight in black & white.  Also take the spotlight and highlight it by backing it in a color, I used black.)
This was very challenging, but fun to do.  I have not made a card like this in a while and it made me come out of my comfort zone.

Here is my card:



As you can see, I colored the flower and left the rest black & white.

Remember, all cards linked for our challenge must be an A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") only. NO SQUARE CARDS.


This challenge runs from October 21st to November 3rd.


Hope to see you come try this out.

Photobucket Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Karen, I love how this turned out. I love the print background with the single flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This challenge was out of my comfort zone too. But afterwards, I was really happy to have learned this technique. The blue flower on your card really pops! Love the look! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great spotlight card and I love the colors. The background words look great in the spotlight too. I love making these cards, they work up so quickly. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...