Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Inspiration Elevator Challenge

Hi just wanted to stop by and tell you I have been inspired by Audrey Yeager.  I have been watching her style at My Scraps and More a when she offered an online class -- I took it to learn and look at things differently to grow more.
Audrey uses stencils and paint splatters and layers of items.  I am liking what  see and she does the visual triangle.

I found this layout on her blog and knew that it grabbed me.
See the stencil behind the square and the paint splatters.


So here is mine and the circles are what was stenciled. Now I got the stencil in the class but can't show you the sketch. 
Here is my take on stencils:


I like how it came out and Thanks Audrey for inspiring me.  I will be entering this layout in the Inspiration Elevator challenge.  It really made me work outside of my comfort zone.
Photobucket Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. such a cool page Karen!!!! LOVE your technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thanks so much for playing along with our challenge. Audrey's work is so inspiring and that class was a delight, just to watch her process. I hope we'll see you playing along with future challenges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to step out of your comfort zone! Wonderful layout! Thanks for playing along at Inspiration Elevator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen! This is a gorgeous lift. You have stayed true to your own style while changing things up a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, thanks again, so much, for lifting me and taking this class! It is so flattering to have been "lifted", and as yu know, I love what you did with the stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen you know I love this, girl! Way to get out of your comfort zone, it's fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for you! You did an awesome scraplift of Audrey's work! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Elevator :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job you did lifting Audrey's work! Thanks for playing along with our IE challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like how you used the inspiration. You really made it your own.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...