Monday, March 4, 2013

New Cards in Envy sketch -- come over and play

After the last challenge of over 71 entered with stripes/polka dots, it gave me an idea to do another Polka Dot card using BoBunny  Bold & Bright Double Dot Designs paper, EK Success small banner punch with black cardstock, Twine from The Twinery, Sentiment from Authentique.

Here is the sketch: 

Very basic, but remember this has to fit in an envelope and have no extra postage when mailing it.  So with all that in mind I came up with something very simple and a friend of mine said it is elegant.


I know I am going to send this to a very special friend who does a lot for me with all kind of surprises.

Come over to Cards in Envy and play with us.  I know you can do this sketch, just don't over think it and you should have it done quickly.

Photobucket Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Karen, love the simple approach of not over-thinking. I need to remember that more often. Your card is indeed elegant. I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did with the sketch..draping the banners over the corner is fabulous. Your friend will love receiving this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little bows made with twine! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the sketch for this card, Karen! So simple yet eye catching! But of course your friend will love it!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch Karen. I love how you used the pennants, which seem to be all the rage in the paper crafting world. I have yet to use them myself but that doesn't mean you haven't inspired me to do so :)
    `*•.¸*•¸You Are An ¸•*¸.•*´
    .•:*¨`*:•Awesome DT Member!.•:*¨`*:•.
    ♥ Denise @ Cards in Envy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you used the pennants for that corner element. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen I love your dramatic color combo and your out of the box thinking of the banner for defining your corner. Such a wonderful interpretation of the sketch and a great card. The twine accentuates your other elements beautifully! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend will definitely love it! I like how you used the flags in the corner as your interpretation of that torn element :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go wrong with pink, that's for sure! I love the bakers twine, the black and white are perfect accent colors for this card.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...